Asking and Responding Attention, Checking Understanding

By miftachudin arjuna - March 02, 2016

Getting their attention
  1. Listen... Look...
  2. Pay attention...
  3. So now, listen to...
  4. Watch out!
  5. I have a question for you
  6. What's up?
  7. Excuse me, I wonder if I could trouble you ….
  8. May I have your attention, please?
  9. Excuse me, ….
  10. Sorry to trouble you.
  11. Sorry to bother you.
  12. Look at me!
  13. Look what I’ve got here.
  14. Look here.
  15. Look!
  16. Hey!

Controlling the class
  1. Please be quiet!
  2. Speak quietly!
  3. Can’t you speak more softly?
  4. No noise, please.
  5. Stop chatting!
  6. Stop speaking!
  7. Whisper, don’t
  8. Shout! Silence! Shut up, will you?
  9. Please pay attention!
  10. Don’t do that! Don’t touch! Put that away!
  11. Calm down! Settle down! Sit still!
  12. Juan, stop bothering David!
  13. Stop playing with your pencil.
  14. Stop talking and watch the video.
  15. Stop talking and listen, please.
  16. Attention, please!

Showing attention
  1. I see. - Tell me more about it.
  2. Oh, yes. - Really?
  3. Mmm... - Oh, my God! What happens next?
  4. A ha... - And then what?
  5. How interesting! - What’s next?
  6. I know what you mean. - Is that all?
  7. Oh, oh! - Indeed?
  8. Well, well, well… - Oh, no!

Checking their understanding
  1. Do you understand me?
  2. Is it clear? What does (word) mean?
  3. What's the meaning of...?
  4. Is this right? / Is this ok?
  5. May I ask...?
  6. How do you say.... in English?
  7. Tell me the difference between A and B Are you ready?
  8. Finish?
  9. Any questions so far?
  10. Who knows the answer?
  11. What else?
  12. Does it ring a bell?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments