Expository Writing: Cultural Shock in Manchester

By miftachudin arjuna - May 02, 2021

I have two interesting stories about cultural shock in Manchester. One is bad and the rest is good. I am really shocked about the weather, but I am really astonished by the architecture.

To me, the weather in Manchester is very challenging. In fact, I come from a warm country that I have a warm climate throughout the year. I hope that I will get the same thing in Summer. However, I still feel cold in this season. Worst, I still find the rain. I just could not imagine how it is in Winter, Fall, or Spring. I think that I should prepare more warm and thick clothes.

The most interesting experience in Manchester is about its architecture. I feel like in the Harry Potter movie that displays old and unique buildings. The architecture is well maintained although it was built more than 100 years ago. I would not say that the modern buildings are not interesting but they are very common and I also find them in my country. For example, there is Holy Name Church which is located in Oxford Road in Manchester. It is huge and astonishing.

To sum up, both experiences are useful for my life. It is nice to taste something different especially when I am away from my country of origin. I believe that I can cope with the problems which are called "weather" and I will keep in mind what is interesting not only the architecture but also many things in Manchester.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments